thai inspired sweet and sour bowl
writer: emma ranne
picture: emma ranne
I’ve been loving these kinds of veggie bowls lately. I usually make a base of courgette noodles and spice things up with whatever I’m feeling like that day. Here is one of my go to bowl recipes, for when I feel like Thai, but am too lazy to start prepping a curry from scratch.
Sweet and sour courgette noodles, lots of green veg, lime spiced smashed chickpeas and some hearty whole grain pasta. Spiced up with fresh chili and parsley. Can't go wrong I'd say.
- Green veggies (I used kale and brussels sprouts)
- radish, thinly sliced
- chickpeas (I used pre-cooked ones)
- multigrain pasta
- goji berries and nutritional yeast(optional)
- chili and parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- a drizzle of olive oil (preferably cold pressed)
- 1 tsp agave
- Make the lime spiced mashed chickpeas by just mashing the chickpeas with a fork and spicing them with some freshly squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Make you courgette noodles (easy with a juliane peeler, but you could even just use a regular peeler), spice them with the vinegar and olive oil.
- Prep your veg by steaming the kale and brussels sprouts (I usually just put the on a non-stick pan and add a few tbsp of water). Add salt, pepper, the agave, and some more lime juice. Lastly add the radish and mushrooms. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Cook your pasta. Remember to add enough salt in the cooking water and to not over cook it (usually 60% of the time that they say on the pasta packet will do). It makes a difference.
- Put your bowl together with all the prepped ingredients. Top with freshly cut chili, goji berries and some parsley.