every cilantro lovers daydream
(vegan, gf, raw)
writer: emma ranne
picture: emma ranne
I love cilantro. Love, love, love it. (* sorry to all the people now reading this who fall in the category of cilantro dislikers. You can still make the sauce just switch the cilantro for some fresh parsley or basil and switch the name)
I made this sauce for my birthday picnic as a salad dressign and my family loved it. It's a super easy way to take your average lunch salad to the next level. Just pop the ingredients in your blender, let the blender do it's magic and you're ready to go.
- a big bunch of cilantro, the more the merrier
- a handful of fresh baby spinach
- a teaspoon of tahini
- a few teaspoons of sunflower seeds (if you have the time you can let them soak in some water for a few hours so they're easier on your tummy)
- some fresh chili (I love spicy so I used a whole one, but you can go easy on this one or completely leave it out)
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- a tsp of maple syrup or a fresh date
- a few tsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
- water until you fancy the consistency
- You guessed it, just put everything in your blender and keep on blending till it's smooth. Check the taste and add what you think should be added to get it right for you.
- You can play around with the consistency. Leave it thick and you can use it as a spread or dip. Add some more water and this turns into a creamy pasta sauce or a dreamy salad dressing.