(raw, vegan, gf)
writer: emma ranne
picture: emma ranne
It's actually been hot here in Helsinki lately and thus it's time to bring back the ice cream game. I love to experiment when it comes to ice creams (yeah ok I love to experiment when it comes to food in general, but ice cream is an especially fun experimenting field). I like to challenge myself and lately I've been trying to learn new ways of hiding raw veggies in unexpected recipes. Also in my ice creams. Are you ready to try the sweet combo of cauliflower and chocolate?
ingredients (for one)
- a big handful of frozen cauliflower
- 2 frozen coconut milk ice cubes
- half a frozen banana
- a splash of oat milk
- a table spoon of raw cacao
- a few drops of stevia (or a date or 2)
- Cut your cauliflower in chunks and pop them in the freezer the night before you plan on making your ice cream. I used raw cauliflower, but if you're after an even creamier texture you could cook the cauliflower for a couple of min before freezing it. Make coconut milk ice cubes simply by freezing canned coconut milk in ice cube forms and also remember to check if you're good on frozen bananas (we've all been in that situation where you think you still had a banana in the freezer for one smoothie...)
- Simply pop all the ingredients in a (preferably high speed) blender or use a mixing stick to blend the ingredients together. If it's too hard on your blender you can always add some more oat milk or wait for your frozen ingredients to thaw a bit
- Enjoy straight away, preferably in hot sunny weather but if the sun is not around we can always pretend it to be that time of the year.