writer: Emma Ranne
Picture: Emma Ranne
This is one of those recipes that came out of a ''I don't know what to cook and I don't have much time to figure it out''' situation, and has been a favourite ever since. Fresh veg, with creamy hummus, spicy mushrooms and lots of vibrant colour. If you have the beetroot hummus ready, like I had this recipe will literally take you like 5 minutes to prep.
Ingredients (for 1):
- GF veggie noodles (I used these)
- 1 tiny or 1/2 of a larger zucchini
- a handfull of mushrooms
- chili flakes and paprika (1/tsp of both)
- beetroot hummus (check down below)
- fresh parsley
for the hummus (a larger batch):
- 1 pre cooked beetroot
- about 200g of cooked chickpeas
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- a tbsp of tahini
- a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- a tbsp of olive oil
- water (start with 1 dl and add more untill you have the desired consistency)
prep your noodles and shave your zucchini with a julliane peeler (a regular peeler will do too).
Prep your mushrooms in a pan with the spices.
Make your hummus by mixing all the ingredients in your blender or with a hand blender until smooth and velvety.
Once ready put the pieces together on a plate and sprinkle with a bunch of fresh parsley (more was added after the picture, I love parsley!) and some nutritional yeast if you have that on hand.